You know who you are. And you know what moves you. That's why your chosen career should fit you as well as your favorite pair of shoes, every step of the way. And that's what makes a career with Payless ShoeSource the perfect fit for you.
Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere, offering a wide range of shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company's mission is simple: Become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our customers. Payless has more than 4,400 stores in more than 30 countries and was founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kan. where its global headquarters remains today.
Flexible work schedule, approximate number of hours- 15-20 hours/week
Our Payless teams are built on:
- Passion- for customers, for fashion, and for results
- People Orientation- to be contributor on a store team and comfortable with daily customer interaction
- Positive Attitude- creates a fun shopping experience through energy, enthusiasm and confidence
- Productivity- able to complete work independently while balancing out operations with service
- Principle- accountable for doing what's right for our customers and associates
At Payless Shoe Source you'll experience:
- An inclusive environment that embraces and celebrates the diversity in thought, experience, knowledge and background of its people.
- An inspiring, innovative environment that's as fast-paced as it is fun.
- Opportunities to learn and grow your career. We also sponsor and assist with college tuition fees for qualifying associates.
- Reward and recognition with frequent contest opportunities to be identified as a top performer.
- The chances to demonstrate your capabilities, give it your all, and be recognized and rewarded.
- A company that cares about our People and our Plant by giving back through eco-conscious product and facilities. We are taking big step to reduce our footprint.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Associates must be at least 17 years old with a high school diploma or GED. Two years of college is preferred.
- Previous retail experience is desired, but not a requirement.
- You must have a passion for our products and meeting our customer's needs.
- Proven team work and verbal communication skills are critical to this role.
- Basic math skills are also required.
- You must be able to process shipment and lift up to 40 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payless ShoeSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Payless ShoeSource is enrolled in the E-verify program in certain states. This program allows and employer to electronically confirm an employee's eligibility to work in the United States after completion of Form I-9. Please refer to the below website and the E-Verification and Right to Work Posters for additional information.