During this difficult time, it's important to do whatever we can we do to support each other as a community. American Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage nationwide. We're proud to partner with the Red Cross as a blood donation site.
Blood donation appointments are open on Saturday, February 20 from 10:00AM - 3:00PM in the GVM Event Center (former JCPenney). Please make an appointment here to help manage the flow of donors.
As of June 15, 2020 COVID-19 antibody testing will be included with every blood donation taken at American Red Cross Blood Drives in Montana. The test won't tell you if you have coronavirus now, but it will tell you if your immune system has produced antibodies to the virus in the past 4 months.
In partnership with the Red Cross, additional precautions will be implemented to ensure the safety of donors and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak. Donating blood is a safe process, and the Red Cross follows thorough safety protocols to help prevent the spread of any type of infection.
• Checking the temperature of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy
• Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering the drive, as well as throughout the donation process
• Following proper social distancing practices between donors including donor beds, as well as waiting and refreshment areas.
• Increasing enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment.
• Staff members will be wearing face masks. Donors will be asked to wear their own face mask/covering that covers both their nose and mouth in accordance with CDC guidelines. If a donor does not have a mask, the Red Cross will provide one.