Under supervision, the Associate Banker (commonly known as a Teller) is responsible for providing exceptional service and quality with every transaction while maintaining confidentially in customer and bank information. Ensure the customer feels welcome and provide them with a one stop experience in processing transactions. A critical success factor for this position will be working with others in the branch to reach branch effectiveness and efficiency goals through identifying customers with financial services needs that are not currently met and coordinating efforts to pair these customers with products our institution offers. The Associate Banker will work with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Transaction/Sales Responsibilities:
1. Operates a transaction window daily.
2. Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet individual and branch-team goals (as determined by individual bank).
3. Follows bank policies and procedures as they relate to customer transactions.
4. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
5. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
6. Resolves customer complaints.
7. Maintains a conversational level of knowledge of products and services
8. Opens, closes, and allows, customer’s access to their safety deposit box following specified procedures if necessary.
9. Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
10. Actively participates in banking center sales activities, huddles, competitions, meetings, etc.
11. Responsible for partnership referrals.
B. Operations Responsibilities:
1. Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
2. Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
3. Must be security conscious and comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
4. Processes proof transactions.
5. Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
6. Balances and replenishes ATMs, as needed.
7. Balances the coin machine, credit card cash advance machine, etc., as needed.
8. Completes referral training, annually.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma/GED.
2. 1-3 years customer service & sales experience
3. Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred but not required
4. Experience working in a team environment.
5. Experience providing high quality customer service
6. Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
7. Ability to count and balance cash
8. Attention to detail
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals